As part of the Smart Schools Bond Act, each school district is required to complete an annual survey of their technology plan. The plan for 2015 was developed by the SVCS Technology Committee during April and May of the 2014-2015 school year. Our technology plan survey was approved by the NYS Education Department on September 11, 2015.
Technology Survey Submission and Approval Log:
- May 26, 2015 - Initial Submission to the MORIC for Review.
- June 23, 2015 - MORIC requested clarification regarding professional development.
- June 24, 2015 - Clarification response sent to MORIC.
- August 6, 2015 - MORIC review complete. Survey certified for submission to NYSED.
- September 1, 2015 - Survey submitted to NYSED by Mr. Michael Sandore, Interim Superintendent.
- September 11, 2015 - Survey approved by NYS Education Department
Smart Schools Investment Plan Projected Timeline
- April 13, 2016 - Investment Plan Posted to Website / Begin Public Comment Period
- May 17, 2016 - Public Hearing as part of Budget Hearing
- May 17, 2016 - BoE Approval
- May 18, 2016 - Investment Plans 01 and 02 Submitted to NYS Education Department