Stockbridge Valley Central School
Physical Education Written Assignment
Careers in Sports and Physical Education
Use the following web sites to locate information regarding careers such as: Physical Education Teacher, Coach, Athletic Trainer, Exercise Physiologist, Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Marketing Director, etc.
- SUNY Cortland Physical Education Department Home Page: http://www.cortland.edu/physed/
- SUNY Brockport Physical Education Department Home Page: PE, Sport Management, Athletic Training, Coaching, etc.: http://www.brockport.edu/pes/undergrad/
- Careers in Sports Medicine and Exercise Science: http://www.acsm.org/PDF/Careers.pdf
- Athletic Trainer: http://www.uncwil.edu/stuaff/career/Majors/athletic-training.htm
INTRODUCTION: Introduce and discuss (in your own words) the field of physical education and sport as a career.
BODY: Locate and discuss FIVE DIFFERENT careers and include in your report:
- Name of the job/career
- Description of the job
- Education requirements (degrees, etc., certification requirements)
- Experience needed prior to obtaining a job in this field (internships, knowledge, prior job experience, practical experience, etc.)
- Average salary in this position
CONCLUSION: Compare and contrast the career options you chose to explore in the field of physical education/sport. Discuss the careers you would be most and least interested in and provide reasons for each.
Research Paper Directions
- Must be 4 – 5 pages TYPED, 12 pt. Font & double-spaced. Put your name, your teacher’s name, your period and day (odd or even) at the top of the page.
- Paper must include:
- Introduction paragraph: about the topic, in your own words
- Body: answering and discussing the outlined questions
- Conclusion: summarize main points of topic, answer and discuss outlined points.
3. Your project information sheet may list web sites for you to use to assist in writing your paper. You may also search and use any additional resources (Internet, books, magazines) you feel will help. Just remember to list them in a Works Cited on the last page.